[gmx-users] GMX 2018 regression tests: cufftPlanMany R2C plan failure (error code 5)

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 13:13:25 CET 2018

Hi,

I checked back with the CUDA-facing GROMACS developers. They've run the
code with 9.1 and believe there's no intrinsic problem within GROMACS.

> So I don't have much to suggest other then rebuilding everything cleanly,
as this is an internal non-descript cuFFT/driver error that is not supposed
to happen,
especially in mdrun-test with its single input system, and it will prevent
him from using -pme gpu.
> The only thing PME could do better is to show more meaningful error
messages (which would have to be hardcoded anyway as cuFFT doesn't even
have human readable strings for error codes).

If you could share the output of
* gmx -version
* ldd -r mdrun-test
then perhaps we can find an issue (or at least report to nvidia usefully).
Ensuring you are using the CUDA driver that came with the CUDA runtime is
most likely to work smoothly.

Mark