[gmx-users] Prolactin receptor in a mixed DPPC-DMPC bilayer

Negar Parvizi negar.parvizi at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 12:42:19 CET 2018

Dear all Gromacs users, I want to simulate prolactin receptor in a mixed DPPC-DMPC bilayer. At first, I will insert the trans membrane part of the protein (prolactin receptor) in the bilayer and do the necessary modifications to the FF, according to the Justin,s membrane protein tutorial.
It should be mentioned that, the part of the prolactin receptor which connects to the prolactin, is out of membrane and has separate pdb code in OPM (orientations of Membrane Proteins) and protein data bank.Now the question:** How can I connect the out of membrane part of the prolactin receptor to its trans membrane part ( which has been inserted in the membrane).My goal is to simulate both transmembrane and out of membrane parts of the receptor simultaneously.
Thanks for your time and kind considerationNegar