[gmx-users] Rupture force definition

Rakesh Mishra rockinbhu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 13:31:26 CET 2018

Dear Justin,

Can you explain something regarding this issue.

I couldn't get  resolve one  problem.  Though now I am able to make
restrict (immobile )
the needed residue and pulled another one.
But the contradiction that i am facing is that, when I am pulling with
-rate (in negative z direction, as I want to pull
the residue in the negative Z direction of box ) given below.
Still there we see  that pulling group is not moving the -ve direction of
z.

pull                           = yes
pull_ngroups              = 2
pull_ncoords              = 1
pull_group1_name          = chain-A-start
pull_group2_name          = chain-B-end
pull_coord1_type            = umbrella      ; harmonic biasing force
pull_coord1_geometry    = distance      ; simple distance increase
pull_coord1_groups         = 1 2
pull_coord1_dim             = N N Y
pull_coord1_rate            = -0.01          ;  0.01 nm per ps = 10 per 1 ns
pull_coord1_k                = 1000          ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2
pull_coord1_start           = yes           ; define initial COM distance >
0

Best

--
* Rakesh Kumar Mishra*