[gmx-users] using enegygrps

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Feb 14 19:29:18 CET 2018

On 2/14/18 1:15 PM, kordzadeh at aut.ac.ir wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I want to investigate interaction drug and bilayer for more detailed investigation I want to use energygrps for functional group of drug to find out which part of drug has more interaction.
>
> is energygrps good tool?

If the force field you're using was parametrized in such a way that the
nonbonded energy decomposition has some physical meaning, maybe. But
chopping a molecule into pieces and calculating pairwise nonbonded
energies is not a useful approach. An entire molecule, for the purpose
of comparison, maybe.

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall
340 West Campus Dr.