[gmx-users] Rupture force definition

Rakesh Mishra rockinbhu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 10:13:35 CET 2018

Dear Justin thanks for your advise.

I will check for longer run for getting response according to you.

I would like to explain my system,which is siRNA of chain A and B.
Here, after doing all formalities, I had run 10 ns then try to apply the
pull protocol.

See, here for pulling this system, I have restricted 1st residue of
chain-A, and pulling last ( 22th)
residue of chain-B, which is at the same side end just below the 1st
residue of chain-A.
( means, both reference and pull groups are at the same end side ).

Note- I am pulling this 22th residue of chain-B in the downward (-z)
direction with negative rate.
         ( here pull group is below from the reference group)

I also  followed your advise to pull with negative rate with high spring
constant. But  in this case also,
system is not moving in the downwards (-z  ) direction.

Interesting-
But the most interesting case is that for the same system just discussed
above, when I am
applying pulling code with + rate even with smaller spring constant, then
system is moving in
downward (-z) direction. While In my thinking, because I have given +rate,
so it should move in
the + z direction. So, could it be possible that there is one thing that
can also matter ,
i.e. whether, pull group is below and reference group is above .

Because in the same system, when I pull 22the residue of chain-A w.r.t
reference residue 1 of chain-B
(which is slightly below from the pull residue 22th of chain-A) with the
same +rate and spring constant.
In this case pull group moves in the + z direction (upward), which I expect
( note-  here pull group is
slightly above from the reference group)

So, this contradiction with effect based on the end side pulling and posing
of reference and pull groups
is making it surprise and trouble.