[gmx-users] ZNO-HSA (Human Serum albumin) Interaction

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Wed Feb 21 16:50:43 CET 2018

Hard to tell from your descriptions. Things to consider:

1) Is the force-field for the ZnO particle realistic (have you validated it or have evidence that it is accurate)
2) If the ZnO particle has a net charge and you are running PME you are going to need to neutralize the system such that it accounts for both the protein and the ZnO nanoparticle
3) Why do you think it is wrong? What experimental evidence can you compare to benchmark if your results are reasonable?

We can't tell you if your results are "right or wrong," that's your responsibility to know this and justify it before submitting to review, but the questions above may help drive your thinking a bit on this.

Hope that helps.

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD. MRSC
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics