[gmx-users] How can I check external electric field was applied?

이연경 koki0724 at naver.com
Sat Feb 24 04:21:21 CET 2018

Thank you Dan,

I used two graphene sheets with freeze and one sodium ion and one chloride ion are between them.
It also had same ‘gmx potential’ result when simulated without graphene sheets.

I’m now using Gromacs 5.1.4, using PME for Ewald summation with NVE ensemble for this test system.

After finishing electric field test, I’m going to use following MDP for my original system.

< md.mdp>
define = -DPOSRES_GRA  -DPOSRES_CNT

Coulombtype=PME

t_couple = berendsen
tc_grps = GRA CNT SOL NA CL
tau_t = 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1 0.1
ref_t = 300 300 300 300 300

p_couple = Parrinello-Rahman
pcoupletype = semiisotropic
tau_p = 0.1
compressibility = 4.5e-5
ref_p = 1.0

constraints = none
constraint-algorithm = Lincs

E_z = 1 1 0

There is no gmx grompp error with this mdp, I just wonder the applied external e field is 1V.
Thank you, Regards :)

YK Lee