[gmx-users] Output forces only for select group of atoms

Jacob Alan Spooner Jacob.Spooner at ufv.ca
Tue Feb 27 22:28:16 CET 2018

Dear GROMACS users,

I am simulating a fairly large system of about 250000 atoms and I want to analyze the forces at each output step for only a select group of about 200 atoms (and actually only the z component of the force but this is less important).  My question is whether or not there is a simple way to selectively output forces for only my atoms of interest.  I will have long runs and high output frequency so I would really like to avoid having to output force data for the other ~249800 atoms in my system.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jake Spooner