[gmx-users] adkgromacstutorial error

Oliver Beckstein obeckste at asu.edu
Tue Jul 3 16:53:32 CEST 2018

Thanks for reporting the errors with the tutorial and possible fixes.

On Jul 3, 2018, at 5:37 AM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 7/3/18 8:32 AM, Mahmood wrote:
>> The tutorial contents look a bit outdated
> Well the main page says that the release date is Jul 3 and it is compatible with 2018.

I agree that the header with Gromacs versions and current date is misleading – I added a big red warning box and a link to Justin’s tutorials.

Sorry for the issues – it’s hard work keeping content up-to-date, and the amount of work Justin must have put in his tutorials is almost certainly under-appreciated. My point in the other thread was mainly to provide a starting point for writing tutorials in sphinx; for instance, one can now directly link to the Gromacs docs using “intersphinx mappings” (:ref:`gmx grompp` will link to the appropriate page in the current docs).

The best place to report problems with the tutorial is the issue tracker https://github.com/Becksteinlab/AdKGromacsTutorial/issues <https://github.com/Becksteinlab/AdKGromacsTutorial/issues> – I already raised one for the problems reported in this thread.

Pull requests for fixing the issues are even more welcome :-).

Oliver

Oliver Beckstein, DPhil * oliver.beckstein at asu.edu
https://becksteinlab.physics.asu.edu/

Associate Professor of Physics
Arizona State University
Center for Biological Physics and Department of Physics
Tempe, AZ 85287-1504
USA

Office: PSF 348
Phone: +1 (480) 727-9765