[gmx-users] HIS as HID or HIE

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Jul 5 14:57:22 CEST 2018

On 7/5/18 8:50 AM, antonia vyrkou wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am using GROMACS 5.1.4 and while trying to convert a .pdb file to .gro I
> get the error message
>
> “Fatal error:
>
> Atom HD1 in residue HIS 66 was not found in rtp entry HIE with 17 atoms
>
> while sorting atoms.”
>
> Is it not possible to treat some HIS molecules as HID  (where HD1 exists)
> and dome as HIE (instead of HD1 there is HE2)?

Choose the protonation state interactively with the -his option of
pdb2gmx, but note that your structure will have to be stripped of H
atoms with -ignh if you are changing the protonation state, otherwise
you'll just end up with the same fatal error.

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall
340 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061