[gmx-users] Viscosity Calculation in Gromacs V5.1.5

Sabreen Farnaz s.neelima531 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 06:54:11 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I am applying an electric field to water and I need to calculate its
viscosity at different simulation temperature. I have come across gmx
energy -vis option that outputs shear and bulk viscosity. And another way
is to use gmx tcaf -ov and then apply correction. Since I do not have an
acceleration group, which one will give the correct answer? What is the
difference between the shear viscosities by the two commands?