[gmx-users] CNT md simulation & unusual minimized structure

Atila Petrosian atila.petrosian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 13:08:26 CEST 2018

Dear gromacs users,

I am doing md simulation of cnt + drug (lig) + water molecules.

I get lig.gro and lig.itp files using antechamber module and amb2gmx script.

I used cnt force field parameters from paper
(*https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp011344u
<https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jp011344u>*)

I get pdb file of cnt from nanotube modeller: (18,0), (Length = 34.468 Angstrom)

gmx_mpi editconf -f cnt.pdb -o cnt.gro -c -box 8 8 3.4468

gmx_mpi x2top -f cnt.gro -o cnt.top -ff cnt -name CNT -pbc -noparam

I merged gro files and itp and top files without problem.

gmx_mpi grompp -f em_vac.mdp -c complex.gro -p topol.top -o em_vac.tpr

gmx_mpi mdrun -v -deffnm em_vac -nb gpu >& em_vac.job &

gro file after energy minimization is unusual.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AveJH4Y30cH0sQnyV-5RoaqhaeFJ

lig.itp, topol.top and cnt.ff is as follows, respectively:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AveJH4Y30cH0sHioMbu0GT2BDATg

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AveJH4Y30cH0sHrSTs-0f0kK-mE5

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AveJH4Y30cH0rEU08meMh0EEfQde

Please guide me to resolve this problem.

Best,

Atila