[gmx-users] mpirun and gmx_mpi

Szilárd Páll pall.szilard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 22:35:11 CEST 2018

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 3:13 PM Mahmood Naderan <nt_mahmood at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> No idea? Those who use GPU, which command do they use? gmx or gmx_mpi?

That choice depends on whether you want to run across multiple compute
nodes; the former can not while the latter, as it is (by default) indicates
that it's using an MPI library, can run across nodes. Both can be used on
GPUs as long as the programs were built with GPU support.

I recommend that you check the documentation:
http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/current/user-guide/mdrun-performance.html#examples-for-mdrun-on-one-node

--
Szilárd