[gmx-users] energy minimization

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Wed Jul 25 14:49:29 CEST 2018

LigParGen generates new atom types for each ligand topology it generates. The output files from LigParGen should contain terms for opls800-925 (if necessary) in the generated topology file. These need to be included in the force-field file you use for use in your simulations.

A warning should be made about LigParGen: each atom is given a unique atomtype. For instance if you have a 25 atom ligand, you will have atomtypes opls 800 through opls824. Some of these may be repeats. This means that if you want to run with a different ligand you have to change these atomtype definitions each time.

Hope that helps.

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD. MRSC
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics