[gmx-users] Energy decomposition

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 21:13:09 CEST 2018

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018, 12:33 Vito GENNA <vito.genna at irbbarcelona.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have followed the procedure you have suggested.
> Now I have a trajectory only containing my selected atoms and its related
> .tpr file.
> However, after running g_energy and selecting "total energy" I get an
> energy value which is too high in my opinion (i.e. 3.98246e+06 kj/mol).
> I feel something is going wrong. Have you got any idea?

No. What value would be appropriate, and why?

Furthermore, if I would decompose this total energy in bond term, stretch
> term, angle term etc etc, which would be the best way to do it?

You can edit the topology before you give it to grompp if the default
decomposition isn't suitable for you. But I know of no use for such a
decomposition, nor a force field that was parameterized with such a use
case in mind.

Mark

Thanks in advance for your contribute.