[gmx-users] Energy decomposition

Vito GENNA vito.genna at irbbarcelona.org
Tue Jul 31 10:19:22 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I have followed the procedure you have suggested (vide infra).
Now I have a trajectory only containing my selected atoms and its related
.tpr file.
However, after running g_energy and selecting "total energy" I get an
energy value which is too high in my opinion (i.e. 3.98246e+06 kj/mol).
I feel something is going wrong. Have you got any idea?

Furthermore, if I would decompose this total energy in bond term, stretch
term, angle term etc etc, which would be the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance for your contributions.