[gmx-users] Restart

Eric Smoll ericsmoll at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 19:55:52 CEST 2018

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.  I do use directories for project management but, up
until now, I also had a preference for custom filenames.  Lesson learned.
I need to use the default naming scheme if I want smooth restarts.  I
wrongfully assumed that the consistent use of output filename flags in
GROMACS tools meant that custom output filenames were supported and
encouraged.  I wrongfully assumed that GROMACS code snippets that suppress
custom output filenames were just being concise for clarity and simplicity.

When attempting to restart, it would be nice if mdrun listed the file names
it is looking for.  Can I find this information anywhere or is it
completely hidden from the user?

Thanks again,
Eric