[gmx-users] Protein_ligand simulation

RAHUL SURESH drrahulsuresh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:49:09 CEST 2018

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 at 11:38 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 7/31/18 2:05 PM, RAHUL SURESH wrote:
> > Hi Dr. Mark
> >
> > The itp file is as follows.
> >
> > [ moleculetype ]
> > ; Name            nrexcl
> > FLU1                3
> >
> > [ atoms ]
> > ;   nr       type  resnr residue  atom   cgnr     charge       mass
> > typeB    chargeB      massB
> >       1   opls_786      1   FLU1      F      0        0
> > 18.99840
> >       2   opls_786      1   FLU1      F      0        0
> > 18.99840
> >
> > [ bonds ]
> > ;  ai    aj funct
> >      1     2     1    ;     F     F
>
> What parameters have you assigned for this bond?

If you are asking in ffbonded.itp, then

F     F     1.43363    351456( which I got from previously existing data)

What is the unit for harmonic force constraint (kB) in ffbonded.itp?

The kb value got from vibrational freq analysis is 10.3766 mDyne per
Angstrom

I haven’t added any other parameters to any of the file in Gromacs

> > [ pairs ]
> > ;  ai    aj funct
> >     1      2
>
> Why are you assigning a pair interaction? These are for 1-4
> interactions. If you're adding a pair, you're going to get a huge LJ
> repulsion between your atoms that overwhelms the bonded potential, which
> may be the cause of your problem.
>
> -Justin

Yea got it Justin. I will correct it.!