[gmx-users] Test particle insertion change in energy - group cut off scheme

Arun Srikanth askforarun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 00:18:16 CET 2018

Thank you.

Can you please elaborate on this or clarify the following questions?

1. Supposing I have inserted one water molecule inside a polymer (an
interconnected network with net zero charge),

the electrostatic interactions should be computed between every atom of
water and  polymer atoms within a cutoff distance and use per atom
ewald summation due to long-range nature of electrostatics.

I believe if one chooses group cutoff the interactions are based on centre
of mass of charged groups ?.

Also not clear how gromacs will handle charged group in this particular
case since I have interconnected (crosslinked) network and not a fixed
number of monomers in which case the all the atoms belonging to one monomer
can be considered a charged group.

Thank you again
Arun