[gmx-users] Parmbsc1 force-field

Viveca Lindahl vivecalindahl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 12:20:16 CET 2018

Hi Dan,

No, it can be confusing. After reading your email I even dug up an old
email thread where we (confusedly) discussed this topic.

Most importantly is to not use the Na-parameters that I think are by
default present in the gromacs implementation, which leads to ion crystals
(DOI: 10.1021/jp0765392). The two references you cite, Smith & Dang 1994
and Dang 1995, are quite similar. I emailed with parmbsc1 developers and
their experience was the same. Together with parmbsc0, other authors have
used Dang 1995, so that's how our choice came about. To follow the parmbsc1
authors you should indeed use the paper they cite.

--
Viveca