[gmx-users] seeming paradox with gmx wham

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 01:05:24 CET 2018

Just to add to my question... The pull code for the umbrella sampling from each of the N configs, as used in Justin's tutorial, is

pull_coord1_type        = umbrella
pull_coord1_geometry    = distance
pull_coord1_dim         = N N Y

So, in each of the generated pullf and pullx files we sample a flat slice at a given Z, and the reported forces and displacements are along Z. What appears to be the reaction coordinate in our case is the radius from the pore mouth, and one has to sample a set of hemispheres from a series of radius values. Is this at all a possibility?

Alex