[gmx-users] Umbrella Sampling - good histogram but no result in profile

Ben Tam btam125 at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 16:26:52 CET 2018

Hi Neha,

I have tried that, I have reduced the number of reaction coordinate (from 42 to 10 windows) and still it gives me "nan". I have check each specific pullf.xvg and pullx.xvg, there are non zero value inside. Hence forth I don't understand what else going on.

Hi Mark,

Okay I will do that. However what file should I need to attach with the issue?

Thank you both for your answer. However I have one more question. When using gmx wham, it is either pullf.dat or pullx.dat are need to provide. As far as I know, you need the force act upon the position of the molecules. What I don't understand is, why do I only need to provide pullx or pullf but not both? how does "gmx wham" understand at what position that the force is applied or vice versa?  is it because it read it off .tpr?

Thank you very much,

Ben