[gmx-users] gmx potential

Alex nedomacho at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 00:31:54 CET 2018

No, you are exactly right -- it does NOT include the external field
explicitly. The external field acts as a magical force here and gmx
potential would produce a potential distribution based on the resulting
charge distribution. The external field itself, once again, however, does
not exist in that picture. I mean, you could add it as a linear drop of
potential from one end to the other, but that is purely artificial. I stay
away as much as possible from plotting charge distributions from
simulations steered by external fields.

Alex