[gmx-users] 'constraints' directive and water

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Mar 27 21:34:34 CEST 2018

I'm not trying to unnecessarily extend the thread or be sarcastic - it's
worth clarifying the situation for others and point out that you *did*
use one of those conditions, perhaps without knowing it.

#ifndef FLEXIBLE means "if you did not define FLEXIBLE, then use SETTLE"
and you did precisely that - by not using "define = -DFLEXIBLE," you
satisfied the condition. That's the default behavior because all of the
force fields built into GROMACS were parametrized for use with a rigid
water model, so we sort of take that decision out of the hands of the user.

-Justin

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall
340 West Campus Dr.