[gmx-users] Defined dihedral function

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at monash.edu
Thu Oct 4 00:03:59 CEST 2018

Chapter 5.8 sets out the way things are defined in the .itp/.top files.

What function the parameters in the ffbonded.itp file follow depends
on the forcefield, so it is specified by the FF itself.

Which function is used by those list of parameters provided in the
ffbonded.itp, you specify in the .itp/.top when you construct the
molecule's topology (Table 5.5) i.e. the ffbonded.itp doesn't specify
the function (not with GROMOS FFs anyway), you do that in your
molecules topology file.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu