[gmx-users] topology problem with x2top

Maria Luisa ml.perrotta at itm.cnr.it
Thu Oct 4 10:45:11 CEST 2018

Dear Dallas the command are:
FOR PVDF
gmx x2top -f PVDF_chain.gro -o PVDF_chain.top -ff oplsaa -name

the system gives me this lines:

Opening force field file
/usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/oplsaa.ff/atomname2type.n2t

There are 23 names to type translations in file oplsaa.ff

Generating bonds from distances...

atom 44

Can not find forcefield for atom C21-2 with 3 bonds

Can not find forcefield for atom C18-5 with 3 bonds

Can not find forcefield for atom C16-10 with 3 bonds

etc etc
Fatal error:

Could only find a forcefield type for 302 out of 602 atoms

The same thing happens with graphene oxide. The problem is that I built in
the past combined systems of these two molecules, without problems. I
created an executable n2t file as I mentioned in the previous post.

Maria Luisa
Thank you for your help

Maria Luisa Perrotta
Ph.D Student, CNR-ITM