[gmx-users] Topology file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Oct 5 15:37:43 CEST 2018

On 10/4/18 6:53 PM, Mahdi Sobati Nezhad wrote:
> Hello Gromacs users.
> When I use pdb2gmx the Gromacs make pores.itp but in my topol.top there is
> no any porse.itp
> What can I do?!
> Do it's important that porse.itp should be in topol.top or its enough that
> pdb2gmx make porse.itp?!

pdb2gmx writes the restraint file by default and it is a non-optional
output. If you didn't get a posre.itp file, there should be glaringly
obvious error messages as to why pdb2gmx failed. If pdb2gmx completed
normally, you must have a restraint file. It may be named something
different (like posre_Chain_A.itp or something) if you have chain
identifiers in your input coordinate file.

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall
340 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061