[gmx-users] Question about Entropy Calculation

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Thu Oct 11 14:17:02 CEST 2018

Den 2018-10-11 kl. 09:02, skrev kai.exner at alumni.uni-ulm.de:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> I would like to calculate the entropy contribution using "gmx anaeig".
> In the explanation of the command, it is written that with -entropy the
> entropy estimate will be computed based on quasi harmonic approach or
> Schlitter's formula. However, I didn't find any option, where to specify
> whether to use the quasi harmonic approximation or Schlitter's formula
> for the entropy calculation.

It will be reinstated in a new verison. For now you can use an older
version.

> My second question is, whether it is possible to tell the program to
> write down the corresponding entropy contributions of translation,
> rotation and vibration separately (as far as I understand, one receives
> an output for the entropy approximation, which constitutes the sum of
> all three terms).
This has been implemented for normal mode analysis but not for the quasi
harmonic one.

> I would be thankful for any help!
>
> With my best regards,
> Kai

Head of Department, Cell & Molecular Biology, Uppsala University.
Box 596, SE-75124 Uppsala, Sweden. Phone: +46184714205.
http://www.icm.uu.se