[gmx-users] problem in extending MD in Gromacs 2018

Alex alexanderwien2k at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 00:39:54 CEST 2018

Hi Ladan,
Just suppose your 10000 steps MD simulation has already finished and you
intend to extend your simulation for further 5000 steps, so;
    gmx convert-tpr -s 10000.tpr -nsteps 15000 -o 15000.tpr
gives you a new .tpr file by which you can continue your simulation as
below:
    gmx mdrun -s 15000.tpr -cpi 10000.cpt -append
The results would be appended to your initial files accordingly.
Cheers,
Alex