[gmx-users] Selection of residues in one of the chains of heterodimer

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at monash.edu
Mon Oct 29 22:03:13 CET 2018

So, what is the difference between the 2 PDB files?  What information
was in the original PDB file, that was then lost when converted to the
GRO file, then was not recovered when that was converted to a PDB?

Load the files with a text editor, you will see what information is
contained in each and the differences.

http://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/file-format-content/format33/sect9.html#ATOM

http://manual.gromacs.org/documentation/2018/user-guide/file-formats.html#gro

BTW, no reason to convert from a .gro to .pdb then load into vmd, .gro
will work just fine, unless you are going to then add more information
into the .pdb file that the .gro can't hold.

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu