[gmx-users] Adding residue to .rtp file

Raji raji.phy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:19:17 CET 2018

Hi

Thank you for your input.
1. when attaching the alkyl chain with OH group in the aminoacid, to
represent the bonded term C(aromatic)-O-C (alkyl). i took O as OC301 and
C(alkyl) as CT2. But there is no bonded term for CA-OC301. How to import
this by analogy?

2. Charge of Hydrogen atoms (removed) are balanced over the oxygen and
alkyl carbon is that the right approach?

        CZ      CA      0.11    18

        OB      OC301   -0.28    19  ;(in amino acid OH -0.54 HH 0.43)

        CH      CT2    -0.01   20

        HH1     HA   0.09    21

        HH2     HA   0.09    22

        CI      CT2    -0.18   23

        HI1     HA    0.09    24

        HI2     HA   0.09    25

3. Also i want to add n-terminal capping with carboxybenzyl for the
peptide. If i use CGenFF parameters for the capping alone, how much it will
affect the accuracy?

Thanks

Raji