[gmx-users] gromacs+CHARMM36+GPUs induces protein-membrane system collapse?

Ramon Guixà ramonguixxa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:48:34 CET 2018

Hi Justin,

I do not have access to GPUs with ECC, but I have actually run the same tpr
in different machines with different GPUs, including GTX 980, 1060 and
1080. In all cases, I get the same problem. Although they are all  non-ECC
cards, it is quite unlikely that a bit flip is behind this, isn't it?
In fact, I had simulated before CHARMM-GUI systems using GTX cards and
never had a problem. Since this has only benn happening recently to me, so
I am wondering if I should blame the new force field (CHARMM36m) or whether
CHARMM-GUI changed something in the way they generate gromacs topologies?

Ramon