[gmx-users] pcoupltype

ABEL Stephane Stephane.ABEL at cea.fr
Wed Oct 31 19:25:57 CET 2018

Just my 2 cents

If I recall well CHARMM36 and others force fields (such as lipid14) were initially parametrized and validated using the anisotropic pressure
 coupling scheme. So it make sense to use it instead of semi-isotropic pressure coupling. Moreover I found that if the membrane system is  well equilibrated (for instance > 100 ns of NPT is semiisotropic for POPC or DOPC membranes), you can switch safely to anistropic pressure scheme and does not observe significant deformations of the bilayer. These observations are based on my simulations and are of course not general?

Stéphane

Message: 4