[gmx-users] minimization is not converging

Bratin Kumar Das 177cy500.bratin at nitk.edu.in
Thu Sep 6 15:52:18 CEST 2018

Respected Dr Justin,
                                     I took one membrane protein pdb file
and converted it to .gro using pdb2gmx. Next I builded and packed the POPC
phospholipids bylayer using vmd membrane builder plugin. Subsequently I
solvated the system in vmd only. The entire system was converted to .gro
and all the water molecules and POPC molecules making bad contacts are
deleted. I added ions to nutralize the system in gromacs using genion.
Prior to that all the POPC topoloy properly included in topol.top. prior to
energy minimization all the steps ran with out fatal error. I followed the
procidure explained in gromacs tutorial. Evrey cases the same error is
coming during minimization.