[gmx-users] charmm2gromacs.py

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Sep 12 14:16:50 CEST 2018

On 9/12/18 4:19 AM, Frederic Schneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i use the parameter generator for organic molecules at paramchem.org
> and i am very thankful, that it was updated for the use of CGenFF 4.0.
> Now there is a problem with converting the .str file to gromacs
> topology files. I think, that the python script hosted  on the
> homepage of the MacKerell Lab does not support the lone pairs which
> are included since 4.0.  Does anyone know, if there are a newer
> version of the script?

The script does not yet deal with lone pairs. You will have to add a
3fad virtual site directive using the information in the LONEPAIR
line(s) in the stream file. You will also need to add [exclusions] for
the lone pair, which are the same as the parent halogen atom (within 3
bonds) since these are not generated automatically.

Assistant Professor

303 Engel Hall
340 West Campus Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061