[gmx-users] cgenff charm error

LAM, Tsz Nok z.noklam at link.cuhk.edu.hk
Thu Sep 13 13:16:35 CEST 2018

Hi Marzieh,

I don't think the error is related to python version, but the naming of the files. Maybe the script needs that your input files are also named as LIG.str and LIG.mol2, something like that.

What I do know about the script when using it before, is that it requires an older version of python package "networkx" (I tested that version 1.9 worked). If you see further errors, you may want to try pip and virtualenv to use the appropriate packages, e.g.:

$ sudo apt install virtualenv pip
$ virtualenv new_directory  # making virtualenv directory with tools inside
$ source virtual/bin/activate  #activating virtualenv
$ pip install network==1.9   #specify to use version 1.9
$ pip install numpy

Then your script should work fine (You can deactivate virtualenv afterwards). More on pip and virtualenv:
https://packaging.python.org/tutorials/installing-packages/#installing-from-pypi

Wish you luck!
Cheers,
LAM Tsz-Nok
School of Life Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong