[gmx-users] Regarding index .ndx files
vytautas1987 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 17 13:15:04 CEST 2018
Without going into details and setting:
tc-grps = System
should allow to proceed without fatal errors.
On Monday, September 17, 2018, 1:58:50 PM GMT+3, Sebastian Muraru <sebastian.muraru at grabtop.upb.ro> wrote:
Hi there! I am a Masters student and this is my first email to the list. I would just like to ask whether someone can clarify something for me regarding the index .ndx files.
I am using an nvt.mdp file in order to run an nvt equilibration step. The section of interest is the following (currently receiving an error):
; Temperature coupling is on
tcoupl = V-rescale ; modified Berendsen thermostat
tc-grps = CX ssdna; two coupling groups - more accurate
tau_t = 0.1 0.1 ; time constant, in ps
ref_t = 300 300 ; reference temperature, one for each group, in K
The current error says that a number of atoms are not part of any of the T-Coupling groups. Therefore I have the following questions:
- Does this mean all atoms (including SOL) must be included in the groups specified using 'tc-grps'?
- If my index.ndx file is very large (contains > 20 groups), do I have to manually write them down at 'tc-grps' in the mdp file or is there a way to automatically import the groups present in the index.ndx file?
Gromacs Users mailing list
* Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/GMX-Users_List before posting!
* Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists
* For (un)subscribe requests visit
https://maillist.sys.kth.se/mailman/listinfo/gromacs.org_gmx-users or send a mail to gmx-users-request at gromacs.org.
More information about the gromacs.org_gmx-users