[gmx-users] Regarding index .ndx files

João Henriques joao.m.a.henriques at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:33:44 CEST 2018

What is your system composed of? It is generally a good idea to couple
solvent and solute separately (as long as solute is "big enough", see
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Thermostats), so Vytautas
reply isn't the best advice. It will solve your problem, but that's
generally not the way to proceed, and definitely not the most educative.

Regarding the part about index groups, you can group groups into a single
index entry to facilitate things. You can easily create a group with all
things solute and another with solvent + salt. This way you can couple them
separately, assuming that makes sense for your system (you didn't specify
what it is, so it's hard to help a lot more than this).