[gmx-users] Error in NVT equilibration

Gonzalez Fernandez, Cristina cristina.gonzalezfdez at unican.es
Tue Sep 18 11:42:06 CEST 2018

Hi,

As I am using the GROMOS froce field, I constrained all bonds as suggested. However, I obtained the same error.

I copy the .mdp file in case there are errors and you can help me to find them:

title                   = Lipid NVT equilibration
define                  = -DPOSRES  ; position restrain the Lipid
; Run parameters
integrator              = md        ; leap-frog integrator
nsteps                  = 6667      ; 2 * 50000 = 100 ps
dt                      = 0.015     ; 2 fs
; Output control
nstxout                 = 500       ; save coordinates every 1.0 ps
nstvout                 = 500       ; save velocities every 1.0 ps
nstenergy               = 500       ; save energies every 1.0 ps
nstlog                  = 500       ; update log file every 1.0 ps
; Bond parameters
continuation            = no        ; first dynamics run
constraint_algorithm    = lincs     ; holonomic constraints
constraints             = all-bonds   ; bonds involving H are constrained
;shake_tol              = 0.0001
lincs_iter            = 1            ; accuracy of LINCS
lincs_order            = 4            ; also related to accuracy
; Nonbonded settings
cutoff-scheme           = Verlet    ; Buffered neighbor searching
ns_type                 = grid      ; search neighboring grid cells
nstlist                 = 10        ; 20 fs, largely irrelevant with Verlet
rlist                   = 1.4
rcoulomb                = 1.2       ; short-range electrostatic cutoff (in nm)
rvdw                    = 1.2       ; short-range van der Waals cutoff (in nm)
DispCorr                = EnerPres  ; account for cut-off vdW scheme
vdwtype                 = Cut-off
vdw_modifier            = Force-switch
rvdw_switch             = 1
; Electrostatics
coulombtype             = PME       ; Particle Mesh Ewald for long-range electrostatics
ewald-rtol              = 1e-6
pme_order               = 4         ; cubic interpolation
fourierspacing          = 0.16      ; grid spacing for FFT
; Temperature coupling is on
tcoupl                  = V-rescale             ; modified Berendsen thermostat
tc-grps                 = System   ; two coupling groups - more accurate
tau_t                   = 0.1               ; time constant, in ps
ref_t                   = 298               ; reference temperature, one for each group, in K
; Pressure coupling is off
pcoupl                  = no        ; no pressure coupling in NVT
; Periodic boundary conditions
pbc                     = xyz       ; 3-D PBC
; Velocity generation
gen_vel                 = yes       ; assign velocities from Maxwell distribution
gen_temp                = 298       ; temperature for Maxwell distribution
gen_seed                = -1        ; generate a random seed
;Simulated annealing
annealing               = single
annealing_npoints       = 2
annealing_time          = 0 1