[gmx-users] secondary structure analysis

Peter Kroon p.c.kroon at rug.nl
Thu Sep 27 11:36:42 CEST 2018

No, this is not correct.

Prehaps I worded my first e-mail too subtly. The secondary structure of
a protein in a normal Martini simulation *will not* change. Trying all
sorts of tricks to make the analysis program happy will not change this.
The secondary structure is fixed by your topology. Either through
elastic bonds, or through extended dihedrals.

If you do see a difference in SS between the start and end of your
simulation either a) you did something wrong or b) your looking at an
analysis artefact.

Martini is not the right tool to study SS changes.

Peter