[gmx-users] Coarse-grained Protein-ligand simulations

P C Kroon p.c.kroon at rug.nl
Mon Apr 1 17:09:33 CEST 2019

Hi,

I work in privileged Europe, so it’s good for me to get a reality check once every while. Thanks.

Coarse graining molecules for Martini is not too hard. There should be some tutorials on cgmartini.nl that should help you get underway. You will, however, run into the problems I mentioned, and you will need to do extensive validation on the topologies of your ligands. Again, it depends on your exact research question: if you’re doing high-throughput like screening, qualitative models might be good enough. Also see T Bereau’s automartini.

Peter