[gmx-users] Coarse-grained Protein-ligand simulations

Mac Kevin Braza mebraza at up.edu.ph
Tue Apr 2 00:16:53 CEST 2019

Hello Sir Benson,

We are using Supermicro SYS-1028R-WC1R Server with 2 x 2.2Ghz 12-Core Intel
Processors
(4 x 8GB DDR4) with a single node only. Ideally, to reach the microsecond
simulation of GPCR-membrane
simulation in all-atom, we will be needing a computer cluster with at least
200 parallel nodes system.
But even with a 50-100 parallel nodes, we will reach the simulation time
for a month, although we know that this is
challenging for us here in the Philippines.

The specialized super-computer cluster Anton is an example of hardware that
have reached more than 100 microseconds
simulation of the all-atom GPCR-membrane simulation in a month of total CPU
time. It has 512 processing nodes.

Best regards,
Mac Kevin E. Braza