[gmx-users] grompp error: Unknown bond_atomtype

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Apr 9 17:32:52 CEST 2019

On 4/1/19 5:28 AM, vicolls at fizyka.umk.pl wrote:
> Dear Professor Lemkul,
>
> You have written that I mix amber and charmm  forcefields. It is kinda
> intiguing, becuase I downloaded lipid parameteres in amber and the
> atom names in the files are exactly the same as charmm-gui pdb output.

Atom *names* in a coordinate file are an entirely different concept from
atom *types* in a force field parameter set.

> I attach membrane pdb and parameter file. I would be very thankfull if
> you would take a look and judge if these are consistent. As I said -
> pdb2gmx worked well with these files, only grompp got troubles with
> "Unknown bond_atomtype CTL3". If CTL3 atom  is characteristic for
> charmm ff why these names are used in amber files?

I don't have nearly enough information to help you answer that question.
But you've got an unknown atom type in your topology, that much is clear.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.