[gmx-users] SASA calculation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Apr 18 16:45:23 CEST 2019

On 4/18/19 10:38 AM, Pandya, Akash wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to calculate the SASA of my protein, however I am getting this warning message:
>
> WARNING: Masses and atomic (Van der Waals) radii will be guessed
>           based on residue and atom names, since they could not be
>           definitively assigned from the information in your input
>           files. These guessed numbers might deviate from the mass
>           and radius of the atom type. Please check the output
>           files if necessary.
>
> How can I fix this?

Pass a .tpr file to -s instead of a coordinate file. Unless there's
anything unusual in the system, it may not matter. The only weird stuff
is when you have something like mercury (Hg) which is guessed as a
hydrogen, or calcium (Ca), which is guessed as a carbon.

Assistant Professor
Office: 301 Fralin Hall
Lab: 303 Engel Hall

340 West Campus Dr.