[gmx-users] query about different number of solvent molecules added

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 20:37:12 CEST 2019

Hi,

Naturally such differences in system preparation are inevitable, and can be
seen before any expensive simulation runs. So the absolute energies are
different for different systems, but fortunately there was little to no
value in comparing them even when they are formally comparable. However
estimates of quantities based on energy differences, such as relative free
energies of binding can be usefully made.

Mark