[gmx-users] Question on generating hydrogens

tca1 tca1 at rice.edu
Mon Apr 22 23:39:18 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Is it possible to use pdb2gmx to generate hydrogens for a
configuration file without also creating a topology file? Based on the
documentation, it seems I can only rename this file, not prevent its
creation.

Ideally, I'd like to prevent this, because I have many
identically-structured polymer molecules and building the topology for
the whole system takes a very long time, but I can use a template
topology file which includes a single-chain itp file and then just
tells the code how many chains are present (analogously to how
solvents are handled). However, my initial input file doesn't have the
hydrogens included, so I've been forced to use pdb2gmx to handle this
part. I'd love to be able to decouple the steps, though.

Thanks,
Tom Allen