[gmx-users] How to deal with "non-zero total charge" problem in gromacs?

sunyeping sunyeping at aliyun.com
Thu Aug 1 07:17:59 CEST 2019

From:Bratin Kumar Das <177cy500.bratin at nitk.edu.in>
Sent At:2019 Aug. 1 (Thu.) 12:31
To:gromacs <gmx-users at gromacs.org>; 孙业平 <sunyeping at aliyun.com>
Subject:Re: [gmx-users] How to deal with "non-zero total charge" problem in gromacs?

Hi,
    Yes you can use the (-maxwarn) flag to overcome the error. But better to optimize the starting structure to reduce the excess charge of your system.

Thank you for the replay. But I have no idea of how to optimize the starting structure to reduce the excess charge. Could you give me some hints or examples or something?

Best regards