[gmx-users] ERROR: Failed to load the OptiX shared library.

Iman Katouzian imaneternity at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 06:49:33 CEST 2019

Good day,

After the installation of VMD in Linux ubuntu I encounter this error for my
GPU and I yet could not fix it can someone help me fix this issue?
the error is written below :

info) No CUDA accelerator devices available.
Warning) Detected X11 'Composite' extension: if incorrect display occurs
Warning) try disabling this X server option.  Most OpenGL drivers
Warning) disable stereoscopic display when 'Composite' is enabled.
Info) OpenGL renderer: AMD RV710 (DRM 2.50.0 / 4.15.0-55-generic, LLVM
8.0.0)
Info)   Features: STENCIL MSAA(4) MDE CVA MTX NPOT PP PS GLSL(OVFS)
Info)   Full GLSL rendering mode is available.
Info)   Textures: 2-D (8192x8192), 3-D (512x512x512), Multitexture (8)
OptiXRenderer) ERROR: Failed to load the OptiX shared library.
OptiXRenderer)        NVIDIA driver may be too old.
OptiXRenderer)        Check/update NVIDIA driver
Aborted (core dumped)

Thanks.

--

*Iman Katouzian*

*Ph.D.** candidate of Food Process Engineering*

*Faculty of Food Science and Technology*

*University of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources, Gorgan, Iran*