[gmx-users] structural clashes make the structure look like broken?

Dallas Warren dallas.warren at monash.edu
Sun Aug 4 23:12:26 CEST 2019

From
http://www.gromacs.org/Downloads/Related_Software/Visualization_Software#Topology_bonds_vs_Rendered_bonds

"Remember that each of these visualization tools is only looking at
the coordinate
file <http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/Coordinate_File>
you gave it (except when you give gmx view a .tpr file
<http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/Topology_(.tpr)_File>).
Thus it's not using your topology
<http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/Topology_File> which is
described in either your .top file
<http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/.top_File> or your .tpr
file
<http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/File_Formats/Topology_(.tpr)_File>.
Each of these programs makes their own *guesses* about where the chemical
bonds are for rendering purposes, so do not be surprised if the heuristics
do not always match your topology. Apply your brain, here!"

Catch ya,

Dr. Dallas Warren
Drug Delivery, Disposition and Dynamics
Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
dallas.warren at monash.edu
When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a
nail.