[gmx-users] question on ffG43a1p force field

Lei Qian tuk04130 at temple.edu
Tue Aug 20 08:12:08 CEST 2019

Thank you Dr. Lemkul,
Could I ask one more question? Thank you!

When I did the step for adding ions and minimization and equilibration
steps, one warning always showed up.
So I had to add -maxwarn 2 after the command gmx grompp.
This warning is as follows:

WARNING 1 [file topol.top, line 48]:
  The GROMOS force fields have been parametrized with a physically
  incorrect multiple-time-stepping scheme for a twin-range cut-off. When
  used with a single-range cut-off (or a correct Trotter
  multiple-time-stepping scheme), physical properties, such as the density,
  might differ from the intended values. Check if molecules in your system
  are affected by such issues before proceeding. Further information may be
  available at https://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/2884.

It seems this warning is related to the GROMOS force field (for
phosphorylation) you sent to me last week.
Could I disregard this warning?
Thanks!

Lei